Monthly Goals: Back to School Edition {Linky}

Can you believe how fast summer is going by!  Many of us are headed back to school this month {August} and with a new month and school year ahead of us it's time to set some goals!  

First, I did pretty good with my July goals I have tried many more recipes with veggies, I can now squat correctly, and I created a few new TpT products.  Overall July was a productive month for me.
Now to look forward into the approaching school year....

Personal:  I plan to leave school no later than 3:30 so I can continue on my journey to a healthy new lifestyle.  I want to continue to workout daily and work on my weight loss goals.

Organization:  I am pretty good at grading papers, but putting them into the online grade book is another story.  I do not keep a paper grade anymore because I would wait to the very last minute to input my grades and end up with tons of grades to put in.

Planning:  I have already mapped out and planned most of my curriculum for the first nine weeks.  This is because the first few months are pretty hectic and I am trying to avoid that at all cost.  I would like to continue to stay two weeks ahead, I plan ELA with my teammate so this should be doable.

Professional:  My goal this year is to implement the workshop teaching method in several subjects.  I am sure this will be a bit overwhelming at first but I have done a lot of reading this summer and I have a pretty good idea of how I want to run things.

Students: My goal for my students this year is for them to enjoy learning.  I want them to find a passion for learning and enjoy being challenged.  In today's society hard work is lacking {in my opinion} and everything is "handed" to people.  I want my student's to feel that excitement when they learn a new skill, and use hard work to master their multiplication facts.

Motto:  I chose Proverb 22:6 for my motto this year; "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."  This goes along with the goal I have for my students.  I want them to learn the importance of hard work and take that with them through the rest of their lives.  I also hope to "train" them with compassion, empathy, and respect.

Your turn to set some Back to School Goals and Link up!  If you do not have a blog and would love to link up feel free to upload your goals to I {Heart} Recess Facebook page.

1. Copy and save the image below to your computer.  {I save it to my desktop for easy reference.}
2. Paste the image into a blank PowerPoint presentation.  Add a text box text box to add your goals.
3. Save your PP as an image, {JPEG}, again I save to my desktop for easy reference.
4. Upload your goals image to your blog or I {Heart} Recess Facebook Page.
5. Link up :)

Chalkboard image from Erin at Lovin Lit
Clip art from the Digital Bake Shop

31 comments

  1. Good luck with the new school years. Ir seems you are ready and have a plan in place for a successful year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share what online grade book you use?
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for implementing workshops!!! Don't forget, you can always check out the past link-ups on my Workshop Wednesday at the top of my blog for more ideas. :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to say that I can leave work by 3:30 to exercise, but I know that won't happen for me this year. I have a student teacher this fall, and I am mentoring a new teacher at my school...here is to hoping I can leave school by 5!

    I love the verse you chose as your motto. What day do you start back to school?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your Linky and such a cute background,it really helped me start thinking about school and my goals.

    Lusine

    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to join you on your personal goal to workout each day after work. I am sure you will be successful! I love your motto!

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this fun linky! It got me really excited for the new year to start! We are joining you on the workshop journey! We are going to do guided math. Can't wait. :)

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great linky! I'm cleaning out all my files and this made me reflect on what I need to keep and what to toss. You have the first 9 weeks planned? You are good!

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I shoot for 5:00pm to be out of school each day, and I think I'm going to struggle with that this year since I'm changing grade levels!

    Love this linky! I'll be linking up soon with my goals!

    -Nick
    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. This linky is perfect! I love being able to hold myself accountable! I can't believe you already have the first nine weeks planned out... makes me feel a little squeamish that I haven't even looked over the first week yet! Yikes!

    Thanks for hosting,

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun linky! I think a lot of people want to get healthy! I didn't write it because I won't do it! haha I think if I left school with my gym clothes I might though-you know how it is once you get home, it's hard to go back out.
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this linky! I will be participating tomorrow. Great idea! :) It will be fun to go back and look at the goals at the end of the school year. I am also your newest follower!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admire that you are already planned for the first quarter. I need to be better about that this year too!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jess!
    I love your goal for your students - it is my desire for students to develop a passion for learning and a willingness to work hard too! It's definitely not coming naturally to some of these instant-gratification kids :)
    Love the verse - definitely a good one to keep in mind as we get up and go to school each morning.

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  15. This linky is a great idea! It will be nice to go back and see what my goals were for the school year in the midst of all the chaos :) You have a great blog, I am your newest follower :)

    Stephanie
    Grooving Through Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish my goal could be to leave by 3:30 p.m. We don't even dismiss until 3:19 ;) I'm not sure that I'm contractually even allowed to leave by 3:30 (I think we have a 15 minute rule) :)

    I'm with you on the grade book. I do keep a paper grade book (because we just went to PowerSchool and it's had some glitches--I'm afraid to lose all of my grades!) but I get behind and then I have a month's worth to do at a time. That is no fun!

    Raye
    The Caffeinated Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stay two weeks ahead - that would be a dream! Good luck with your goal to stay healthy that one is a very hard one for me as soon as we get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck reaching your goals!
    Love the Bible verse. So true!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this! Thanks so much for posting. I'm heading over to my blog to link up now. {I'm totally breaking the bloggy rules by posting twice in one day - oops!!} I am also implementing some workshop style lessons in my class. I attended the Reading and Writing Project training session over the summer and I was SO inspired...so I'm trying my hand at it in science. We will see! Thanks again!
    Emily
    The Science Life

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your blog, it is so adorable! I am also your newest follower. Thank you for hosting this. What a great linky party!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this linky! I am so jealous that you have the first 9 weeks planned!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to be a part of this linky but when I follow the steps to complete it my picture comes out really blurry. Did anyone else have this problem? What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email me at jam082381@yahoo.com and I can email you the image.

      Jess

      Delete
  23. What a great linky idea. I am a new teacher preparing for my first classroom so this was a fun way to reflect on my goals and meet other teachers! Thanks :)

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  24. Still LOVIN' this linky LOTS!!!!! In this month's goal blog post I wrote about using this strategy with my kids as we had discussed via email last spring. They've only done one with me and are working on one for over the summer, but I got some feedback from one of my girls tonight. You can read a little about it here if you have the time.

    THANKS, JESS!!!!!!!

    The Teacher's Desk

    ReplyDelete
  25. One of your newest followers and so happy to have linked up with you :) I'm so jealous you have your first nine weeks already planned! This is exactly what I needed to set myself up for a successful year in a new grade and position!!

    Courtney

    http://frolickingin5th.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your "Writing Workshop" goal! My school system's framework for teaching writing is a workshop model and it includes immersion in genre, charting characteristics of the genre, creating a rubric for writing, establishing an audience, modeling my own, kiddos talking through ideas with a friend before writing, sustained writing time, revising with peers (or teacher if needed), editing for CUPS, and finally presentation. I love it because I feel like by the time they get to the actual writing part, most of them are ready and excited!

    I'd love to hear how it goes for you this year. :) I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

    I am your newest follower! :)
    ~Miss McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your goals! I am especially jealous of you having your 1st nine weeks planned. WOW!!! Kudos to you!!!!
    I'm wondering...is there a way I can utilize this 'Back to School Goals' if I don't have a Blog? It be great to put on facebook for teacher friends...or even in school email.
    Thanks in advance!
    Tchur8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really love this linky! I am a fairly new blogger and your newest follower so I'm excited to be linking up! Oh, and I'm SUPER jealous that you already have so much planned! I need to get on the ball! :-)

    Jamie
    mommywifeteachercook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm your newest follower. Great Linky!

    Classroom Capers

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top