Time Travel Tuesday {Linky}

Every year I like to start the school year off with showing my students my 4th grade picture.  They enjoy seeing what I looked like as a fourth grader.  I tell them about my 4th grade school year to help describe what they will learn in 4th and how times have changed.  Last night I was thinking this would be a fun linky :)  Let's travel back in time and revisit ourselves in the grade we currently teach.

Apparently my awkward stage :)


 Grade:  4th Grade
Year: 1990-1991 {If you wish do disclose}
School: Evergreen Elementary School
Teacher: Mr. Allen
Favorites: New Kids On The Block, Full House, neon colors, funky earrings, and LA Gears
Memories:  My teacher wore polyester pants {I remember the ugly colors}, I was the first in my class to master my multiplication facts {0-12}, we did not have a Christmas party that year because of school being canceled, and I sat in the front of the classroom.


When you link up please use your old school photo as your icon :)  Thanks!
{I will keep the linky open for a few weeks, to give you time to dust off the old photo albums.}

I am excited to share with you my new product!  I have created a Magnets Interactive Science Notebook & More for Common Core Standard 4.P.1.1.  For today only it will be on sale for %20 off!






With this pack you also receive an Experiment, Written Response Questions, Find-Someone-Who for review and a Magnet Quiz.

15 comments

  1. What a fun linky idea! I will definitely have to do that with my students this year :) I'll hunt around for a 5th grade picture to scan and will link up soon!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super fun idea. On my class website I have a picture of my self from grade school, the kids always love that! I will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVIN' this one! I'm off to search for a sixth grade picture. Hmmm? Did they have cameras back then. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute!! Can't wait to link up! Now to find the photos.........!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of you blog peeps are doing such neat cool things, it really makes me want to start a blog, but I just don't know if I have the time or talent! Great idea for a linky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it have to be a school picture? I have some from that age, but it's from dance class, not actual school pic?

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, cute pic! I need to find one so I can link up. The magnet stuff looks great!
    Wen
    One Happy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I linked up! (Thank goodness I had scanned a bunch of pictures at Christmas break.)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea. LA GEAR!!!! I love it. I'm linking up with this.

    thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun Jessica! I have to locate a picture (I hope I have one because I want to join this party!) Your memory of the ugly pants cracked me up! I'll be back! Your magnet unit looks great!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh MY!! This is SO fun! I love digging up old pictures and looking at how dorky I look:) I will totally be back! Your science unit looks amazing!! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun linky party! Thank you for setting it up! :)

    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so disappointed when I read this at first because I didn't think I had a picture to share. I can't wait to get my siblings reactions when they see the picture I've shared!

    Our fourth grade experiences are pretty similar! Love it!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top