I am linking up with Tara for this week's Monday Made It. Last week my boys and I worked on some projects for the up coming 4th of July holiday. I LOVE the 4th of July, being a military family makes this holiday a little extra special for us.
Every year I like to update my front door. I new use the same wreath or decoration, only because there are SO MANY cute ideas out there! This year I found a large "S" at Hobby Lobby and decided to dress it up for the 4th.
I forgot to take pictures as I was making it, but can tell you how I made it :)
1. Spray paint the letter white.
2. I used my Cricut to cut out chevron stripes and stars. I wanted my lines clean and the same, but most of all it made the project go much faster.
3. I painted the top part blue.
4. I applied my vinyl stripes and stars.
5. Finally, I cut my burlap ribbon and hot glued it to the letter where the two designs met.
My second project was for my boys. Each year for the 4th I try to make shirts for them, this year I found an idea on Pinterest for them to make their shirts. I started with plain white T-shirts from Hobby Lobby.
1. I painted their hands blue and had them place them on the shirt.
2. Once the hand print was dried I had my middle son and oldest son paint their red stripes. I painted the baby's for my own sanity.
3. I used Crayola fabric markers to write their names and the year under each flag.
This captures his personality!
Congrats to Crystal for WINNING my 4th Grade NBT Bundle! Thank you to all who entered and keep checking back for the 3rd and 5th grade set in the next several weeks!