Six For Saturday





Last week we took our local Benchmark Assessment, this was the last practice test before the BIG ONE in May.  Our 4th grade team found out on Tuesday that we ranked FOURTH in ELA in the district AND FIFTH in Math!!!  There are 56 elementary schools in our district, so needless to say we are SUPER excited!





During testing last week we read Fireflies! by Julie Brinkloe and created my Lapbook for this book.  I didn't want to stress my students out during our local assessment and decided to have a little fun and provide my kiddos with a craftivity.



They loved it and didn't even realize they were reviewing skills such as fact and opinion, theme, similes, story structure, and text-dependent questions.



I got a pedicure this week!  I haven't had a pedi in over a year...oh my poor feet!  I went out of my comfort zone and went bold with the color.  :)



When I got home I told my hubby I think my feet are saying it's time to go to the beach!




Are you going to get up early on the 15th to see the lunar eclipse?  Not sure if I am going to be able to get myself out of bed, but at least my students are prepared to view this phenomenon if they get up.  This week we created Collaboration Cuties Moon Book from the Educent's Intermediate Science Bundle.






I included two of my Interactive Notebooks in the bundle as well!  A great deal packed full of fun hands on Science activities and lessons to use at the end of the year after testing!




FEUL Your Faith with Joy in the Journey

Romans 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.





Lately I can feel the changes God has been working through me, and I love the results!  When we transform to live by God's word rather than the world's ideas AMAZING things can happen!

6


Thursday I lost it!! I couldn't take my students interrupting instruction anymore with arguments over highlighters, dry erase markers, color pencils, etc.  I asked them if they wanted me to send them down the hall to Pre-K where that is a big deal.  I went around and collected ALL of their supplies except for a pencil.  One more week until Spring Break....I CAN MAKE IT! :)

2 comments

  1. Loved your post. Thanks for sharing! I want to check out your Fireflies! unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the pretest standings. That's awesome!! Can't wait to see your fireflies notebook. Love the pedi color!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top