Five for Fraturday!




I started back to school two weeks ago, the reason for my absence lately.  The kids started on Monday...it's been a very LOOONNNGGG week!  This is my first year as an Instructional Coach and it is VERY DIFFERENT!  I love it though! 

My oldest started 2nd grade this week!  My children do not go to the school I work at, but the one we are zoned for.  I didn't get to drop him off Monday, so my hubby took him in.  Xavier was VERY excited to go to his new school and meet new friends.  He is the friendliest and an extremely well adjusted kid that I knew he would be fine at his new school.  The highlight of his day was riding the bus!  He was a car rider before this year.



I created a gift basket for Xavier's teacher for the first day of school.  I used one a Thirty-One mini tote and placed a bunch of goodies in it.




My middle guy starts Kindergarten Wednesday, they have a delayed start date.  We went to his Open House yesterday afternoon, poor guy is nervous!  Maxton doesn't transition well, he is the complete opposite of my oldest. When he was a baby and moved from the infant to the walker room the move didn't go so well that they changed the schedule of his favorite teacher to be with him in the morning.


Last year Maxton went to school with me, his PreK class was just down the hall from me.  He is nervous about a new school, riding the bus, and mommy not being just down the hall.  I know he will be fine after the first day, but getting through it is going to be difficult for both of us.  Fortunately, his teacher is awesome, his TA is his bus driver, and I am only 10 min down the road.
I've been continuing to work on my health and fitness goals since going back to work.  So far so good! I worked out everyday last week and missed two days this week, which means I am working out today and tomorrow.

I'm down 11lbs and in a size 10!  I haven't been this size in ten years!  I am still in the GetfitorGetfat.com Shape Up Challenge and using my AdvoCare products daily.


My hubby and I have signed up to become distributors for AdvoCare, because we love the products and that it's a Christian based company.  If you are interested in knowing more about a 24 Day Challenge or any of their products please feel free to contact me or check out the following link 



During the summer my Bible Study group and another group collected supplies for our bus kids.  This week we got together to bag all the supplies in backpacks for the kids.  They will receive them tomorrow after church.  We put together over 40 bags and donating the extra supplies to the three local schools.


"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19


I am loving my new Instructional Coach position!  This week I went into several classrooms to complete Read Alouds.  I read The Name Jar or the Recess Queen.  After reading I had the students complete one of the centers from my The Name Jar Unit or my Summarizing Freebie.


As a coach I don't only get to impact the children in one classroom, but several classrooms within the school...it's truly AMAZING!




4 comments

  1. Great idea to use a Littles Carry All Caddy for a teacher gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad thou are loving your new position!! I love both of those books you read! I bet your son's teacher was thrilled to receive that gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess~
    You look great! I know you have been working hard at it. I'm so glad you are loving this instructional coach job. It was meant for you!
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll become surprised when you'll heard about gym virtual and there is no doubt that it is the best thing ever that we don't need to go outside of our home. Because through ubq fit we can easily get the best fit from our home.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top