I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We spent the day at home cooking and then spent today cleaning out the garage and decorating for Christmas. I LOVE the weather in NC right now, we had the doors and windows open all day! Currently my boys and hubby are roasting marshmallows outside. I don't ever want to move back to the cold north!
I would like to thank Kimberly Ann over at Live, Laugh, I Love Kindergarten for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Libster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is a way to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and help spread the word about their blog.
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and a link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to you Liebster post so I can learn more about you)
Random Facts About Me:
1. I never wanted to teach fourth grade. I only ever wanted to teach 1-3, but one year in order to keep my position I had to move up to fourth grade. I ended up LOVING fourth grade and don't want to teach any other grade!
2. I am a hoarder. Not as bad as those on the TV show, but I have a very difficult time getting rid of things, especially items I might use in my classroom.
3. I LOVE bowling! I started bowling at a very young age and was in several league. I don't do it as often as I would like now as an adult.
4. I am a former "military brat". My dad was in the Air Force and therefore we moved around a lot. I have lived in six states and one country total as both a military child and wife.
5. I recently learned how to cook. When I first met my husband I couldn't cook, seriously no exaggeration. Thanks to Pinterest I know my way around a kitchen and my husband is greatly appreciative.
6. I am the worst speller! Spell check was invented for me :)
7. I have an Education Administration degree. I used to want to use it soon, but with a new baby I have decided to hold of on pursuing that avenue.
8. Cheese is my favorite food! My dream vacation is a trip to France just for the cheese portion of a meal.
9. I have five tattoos, and want more!
10. I love to craft! I get this from my grandmother and mother, I just wish I could sew like them.
11. I am obsessed with cloth diapers. I own 36 of them for one baby, recommended is 24. I never clothed my oldest two boys and I wish I would have. They really are not that difficult, and they save lots of money!
Questions by Kimberly Ann:
1. If you didn't teach the grade you do now, which grade would you want to teach?
I enjoy 4th, but I think I would like to utilize my administration degree next.
2. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! Love spending time with my family, decorating, and giving!
3. Where would you want live if you didn't live where you currently live?
Anywhere closer to family. Being a military family we are far from all family.
4. What is your favorite hobby, besides blogging?;)
Crafting. Using my Cricut is my favorite!
5. What is your favorite sports team?
I don't keep up with sports, but I guess our family are Oklahoma University fans.
6. Are you a risk taker?
In some situations yes, in others not so much.
7. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
7. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
Usually I am, but not this year :(
8. Favorite place to visit?
The Biltmore in Asheville NC, the most beautiful place in NC!
9. Favorite season and why?
Fall, I love the cooler weather and the beautiful colors!
10. What was your first ever job?
I worked at McDonald's.
11. What is your favorite teaching memory?
Last year I had a student who scored 1's on reading and math the year before and working hard he earned a 3 and 4 on his test. He was so proud and so was the rest of the staff.
Questions to my Nominations:
1. What is your dream job (other than teaching)?
2. What is one thing you wish you were better at?
3. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, explain.
4. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
5. What do you fear?
6. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
7. Who do you admire most and why?
8. What is your favorite subject or unit to teach?
9. How many students do you have in your class?
10. Where is your favorite place to shop?
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
Blogs I am nominating:
10. Krazy Town
11. Literacy Sundae