Linking Up with Some Awesome Blogs :)

Time to link up with some fun linkies!



What made you become a teacher?
    I always played "school" with my sister and friends.  I always wanted to go to school and never missed a day unless I was really sick.  So I guess I would say it was in my nature.  My third grade teacher also had a huge impact on me wanting to be a teacher, I loved her class and her.

What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
   Last year I had a student who was unmotivated, especially in reading, and had some anger/behavior issues.  With some tough love, encouragement, and an opportunity to throw a few pies in my face this student scored a 3 on his Reading Test and a 4 on his Math test.  The year before he scored a 1 and 3, our scores are from 1-4.  The look on his face when I told him his reading score was worth the struggles.  He won a chance to throw three pies in my face :)  You find the original post here.

If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
   I would be a stay-at-home mom.  I would also like to have my realtor's license.


I am linking up with Pinkadots Elementary's first linky party, School Supply List!  I love this topic because I am already thinking about next year, honestly this year cannot end fast enough!


My school supply list for 4th grade:
{We each have our own list, unlike other grades in my school where they all have the same}


I am looking forward to see what others put on their supply list, might inspire me to make some changes to mine :)



8 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! What a great list. What do you use your pocket folders with brads for? I never understand why the brads are in there! Also, when you use the spiral notebooks, do they tend to fall apart during the year? I've never tried them and tend to always use composition with my class.
    :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the folders for their subject areas (Red=Reading, Blue=Math, etc.) I have them get the brad ones for sheet protecters or when I whole punch study sheets to put into their folders. I have not had a problem with the spirals falling apart, and I have always used them :)

      Jess

      Delete
  2. I love the Kleenex! I have it on my list that I send home as well, but I always say 'optional'. I may make it mandatory this year...if not for some late in the year donations, we would have run out of the 'good' kleenex!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky! I wish I got to choose my own supply list. Our list give me things I don't need and not enough of the things I do need. I like to use composition books for interactive notebooks, but they aren't on out supply list. I color code, too! Our list has markers and I don't like to use them. One thing our school does that I love is they sell the pre-packaged supplies. Then, everyone has the same thing. Thanks for posting this!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just always wanted to be a teacher as well. I agree that you are lucky for getting to create your own supply list. We have one for our entire grade level.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are the only team where each teacher has their own list, because of reasons Diane listed...too many of items we don't use and not enough of items we do use. I honestly would prefer to purchase all items myself over the summer because with my teacher id I can get better deals than parents, and then have the parents pay me back.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to be allowed to have individual supply lists, but our county stopped this a few years ago because some lists were too large. However, I think the new list is way too many items-I don't use half of them-I do make a list of wish list items though.
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea of NO pencil boxes, but a pouch instead. We may just try that next year! I found you through Pinkadots Linky!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top